Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's been a very long while, but there is new hope

First an update...

The Sadie situation turned out to be bittersweet..mostly sweet.
Turns out Roxy is not vicious and unpredictable..she is a cancer detector!
Sadie had cancer eating away at her foot...something I may not have known until too late since it was a back foot that she limps on anyway due to arthritic, dysplastic, hips, had it not been for the attack. Though I do wish Roxy had found a less violent way to tell me. Saie had surgery and, despite being minus a toe, she is fine and peace is restored. As SOON as the cancer was removed Roxy went back to throwing herself at Queen Sadie's feet. And has become quite a good little agility dog too. We compete for the first time next month.

In other news...there is real hope for my baby dream to come true...well at least hope. I will be able to do...drumroll...a round of IVF, two if I can find a shared risk program I qualify for. It will probably be happening Oct/Nov ish. I am excited and scared out of my mind....this is it, my one last shot. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

twondra said...

So glad Sadie is okay!

And SOOOO happy you get to do an IVF cycle!!! Keep me posted for sure! If you have any questions, let me know!! I know it can be overwhelming.

Ellen said...

I'll have a million questions I am sure!! I have been thinking lots about you lately, Hoping my long absence hadn't made me lose your friendship. I DO stalk your blog regularly! Your the only TTC sister I have left I think!

mischief said...

I'm so happy to hear that Sadie-baby is alright. I have been thinking about you both! What a nice thing to know you have a cancer detector in your home. Maybe she could work at the hospital... though a mammogram is probably still more pleasant than a dog bite... !

Good news about IVF too. Hoping everything works out for you.

xxxx

Michelle said...

Thank you for your blog comment last week. I need it.

Animals are amazing. I believe they are much smarter than us humans think they are.

I wish you all the luck in the world for your IVF. We went though it so if you have any questions, maybe I can help. For me, at first all the information and planning seemed overwhelming. It was nearly as bad as I thought once it all started. It was more of an emotional struggle for me more than anything else.