Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

It's been such and up and down week. S decided last Thurs that she didn't like the couple she was supposed to be giving the baby to, so she backed out. Then she approached K who actually went to see and hold the baby. Big mistake. I could've held and saw her too, but I told K that if she was going to be my daughter, I wanted to be with her every second in NICU, but if she's not I don't want to see her or know anything. We offered them our terms for a legal adoption, in writing. Right now it looks like they've found a new highest bidder. K has been crying and raging since Sunday. I've been crying, but glad I didn't see her.

Today I turned 41 - yuck. I have to say though that K and her family really took me by surprise. They had a party for me complete with cake presents and cards. In the 7 years we've been together I have never gotten a party or presents and cards from any of them but K. It made me very weepy. K was very sweet and loving and gave me a card that basically said "I love you very much and always will" She whispered to me as I was leaving "I meant what the card said, read it again." Again made me cry. The two of us laughed alot today which was nice and M and S stayed in their room during my party - which was also nice since I don't want to be around them right now.

I get back on the TTC train this week and will be doing ultrasounds and trigger shot for the first time..now to decide - quickly - which donor to use. I realized today that I have to order tomorrow and hope they can get it here by friday. YIKES! Hopefully if I order first thing in the AM they can do it.

That's all for now folks....

2 comments:

twondra said...

Awww, I'm soooo happy you had a good birthday! You deserve it! Can't wait for you to order girl!! I'm soo excited!!

Cindy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Ihope you get a squalling baby 9 months or so from now as a belated birthday present!