Sunday, March 9, 2008

confidence inspiring

With everything else happening I forgot to tell about my IUI and the confidence inspiring Dr I had (NOT)

They were calling in a doctor to do it and I was to report at 2:30. This would be my 3rd IUI and 3rd diffrent Dr (same clinic) doing it. When I get there and they go to run my credit card the receptionist told me that they have a new system and mines the first card she's done. 10 minutes and 3 people later they finally get it to go through. Then they take be back to a room and tell me to strip from the waist down and give me that oh so chic paper thing to go over my lap.
So I'm sitting there half naked with a large napkin for shelter for about 15 minutes when a nurse I've never seen comes in and says "Dr Clark was in the building for about 3 minutes and got called back to the hospital to deliver a baby. We're trying to find someone else to do your IU." Then she asks if I'm comfortable! Another 10 minutes passes and a different nurse comes in to tell me that they have a doc to do it, but she's in with a paitent and will be with me shortly.

Finally after another 15 minutes the doctor comes in with yet another different nurse (no shortage of nurses obviously!) and the first thing she says is "I don't usually do these" then after I'm in position she informs me from between my legs "whenever I've done these before I've had another doctor looking over my shoulder telling me what I'm doing wrong. " If I hadn't just spent over $500 on sperm, shipping and the IUI, I would've been tempted to jump off the table. Luckily the cath slipped right in and (I think) she managed to get the swimmers in the right place. Her parting word were " I hope they swim north, on the slide they were going kinda southeast."

Hopefully this comedy of errors will result in a BFP!

2 comments:

Roxymommy said...

Someday when you are holding your baby you will laugh at this. Right now though I know you are frustrated. I am sending all the babydust I can muster!!

twondra said...

I agree with roxymommy. :) I hope one day you'll laugh at it! I would've blown a nut!