Sunday, March 2, 2008

Day one

I suppose my first entry should be exciting. But being that it's almost 3 AM it won't be.

Let me start by introducing the family:

Sadie is an 8 year old Swiss Mountain Dog mix, she is the princess of the house and acts every bit the part.
Then there are the "twins" who were born days apart but aren't related at all.
Abby is a 5 year old pitbull/sharpei/whippit/??? and can leap a 5 foot fence like a gazelle and looks a bit deerlike.
Maggie is a 5 year old border collie mix and the sweetest dog you'll ever meet

Then there are the cats.
Mystry is a 6 year old long haired tortishell and thinks she's a dog. She adores the dogs but hates the other cats passionately.
Scrap and Minx are brother and sister and look nothing alike, they are 4 years old and still sleep wrapped around each other - too cute.
Yodi is a Maine Coon mix, very handsome but dumb as a rock.
Bullseye (Bully) looks a bit like a bengal cat, but a little bit smaller, he's sweet but also not too bright.

Then there's me: I'm 40 and am on my 3rd IUI using donor sperm. My partner and I decided to put off me having a baby until her youngest son turned 18. We never thought it might be too late. Now I'm doing the Clomid thing every month and have become obseesed with the shade of lines on sticks.
My DP is currently living with her mother most of the time, due in part to her mother having some health problems and being very demanding of DP's time. Our official staus right now is "together but living apart". It sucks big time, but i'm trying hard to be paitent and understanding, thank goodness for the furbabies who keep me warm at night.

Hopefully in the next few months the family will be back together in a new (to us) home on 5 acres for the pups to run. Much better than the 954sqft place with hardly any yard we have now. Just have to get this place sold. If you know anyone in Central Oregon looking for a good deal, my house is priced below value with John L Scott.

That's us in a nutshell. I'm off to get some sleep.

No comments: